– 9 million children each year die from Preventable and Treatable illnesses before the age of 5 years. Many do not survive the first year of life
– More than 1/3 of all child deaths each year globally are attributed to Malnutrition
– Diarrhea is the 2nd most common cause of death in young children after pneumonia. There are 4 billion cases a year in children under the age of 5
– ~2 million children die from Pneumonia yearly. 1:5 deaths of children are under age 5
– Unsafe water, poor sanitation, lack of Hygiene contributes to 88% of deaths from Diarrheal diseases. Children under 5 represent 90% of deaths from Diarrhea.
– Proper hand-washing with soap can reduce the incidences of diarrhea by half! This also reduces the risk of other infections that put them at risk
– Educating women will reduce the rate of death among children 5 years and younger
(information from Facts For Life)
We are all given the ability to pass on LIFE! Come and join us if you are looking for tools to serve the nations. As you can gather, even the simplest of knowledge can make a huge difference to someone else. Come and learn how to share that knowledge in an effective and interactive way using role play, story telling, songs etc. and in the process discover your own unique teaching abilities.
We have seen it as a useful tool for individuals/groups with a heart to be equipped for outreach opportunities into the nations.